Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Reflective Blog Post

Throughout this mini term class, I have learned a great bit of things regarding technology in the lives of students and in the classroom. One thing I really did enjoy most about the class was the discussion posts (hints why I did all of them). Reading through all of the posts that everybody wrote and having different ideas and views on them really had me interested in the discussion and had me looking for more answers. My favorite topic of discussion had to be "Assistive/Adaptive Technologies & Tools for Assisting ELL Students". Creating my own students and finding ways to help them succeed in the classroom gave me insight about more of the adaptive technologies that can be used.





Another thing I enjoyed from the class was the group projects. The first assignment when we had to collaborate on a Wiki was new and challenging being that the only way we could communicate to each other was through the Wiki page itself. When I read the instructions and the "restrictions" I felt it was naive that we couldn't use any other technology in a tech class, but it helped with the communication factor and had a better outcome in my opinion. The Lesson Plan assignment was also nice because even though we had the chance to use all other forms of technology, we stuck with using the canvas inbox. Having a partner that was also interested in the same subject made it easier to pick what our lesson was going to be on with a little compromising on the topic.

The last thing that I found amazing (and glad that I did them all) was the blog posts. Even though half of them were optional, it gave me a chance to try out different online sources of presentation to use. When it comes down to the nitty gritty there will be some I use and explore more (i.e. Wordle, ToonDoo, Kahoot) and some I will probably stay away from or use on rare occations (i.e. BitStrips).

Overall, I enjoyed the class as a whole and glad I took it. Though I am glad it is over, I will miss some of the things we did like the blog postings,
Photo credit to Johnny_N on flickr

Resources:

 Niederhoffer, J. (2009, October 26). Retrieved June 21, 2016, from https://www.flickr.com/photos/jony_n/4050796821/sizes/z/

 P. (2013, March 17). Assistive Technology for Special Needs Students in K-12. Retrieved June 21, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DVu6pzj7rA 
 
 Roberson, M. (2016, May 12). My EME2040 Blogger. Retrieved June 21, 2016, from http://marcustroberson.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment